Friday, April 23, 2010

Old Friends

So apparently this is my week of saying goodbye to old friends! This week I received a wonderful surprise text from an old friend that I had not seen in awhile. Michelle (not Mish, a different one) was texting me to let me know that Jessica and Jade all wanted to get together for dinner on Thursday. So I cleared my extremely busy CPA schedule (sarcasm but I guess true at the same time ha) and met up with them! These girls are SO fun! And I never get to see them!

I met Jess, Jade, and Michelle during my brief stint at waitressing back in the Summer of 2005. I was home for the summer after my first year in college. Michelle and I were hired at the same time and we hit it off instantly chatting away because we were both new to the waitressing world. Jess and Jade were hired probably two or three weeks before us at the same time so they hit it off as well. I don't know how it all happened but we bonded over horrible customers, tips, and long nights at the Lob. :) I cannot believe its been almost five years since that summer.

Michelle, Jessica, Jade, and I at Sole during the Summer of 2005. 

After that summer, I quit Red Lobster because I was going back to Texas Tech but we kept in touch. There is only a handful of times since then that we have been able to meet up since I was six hours away from San Antonio but its always like we pick up right where we left off. Well apparently we are growing up and things are changing! The reason for our dinner was not only to finally get to catch up on each other's lives but because Jade is moving to Las Vegas! So it was one last hurrah for us girls (well until we all have to go visit Jade in Las Vegas of course!) and we of course went to Red Lobster! :) 

I am sad that Jade is moving away so far since I just recently moved closer but I am excited for all the exciting changes in Jade's life. Jade is going to be a mommy to a wonderful boy in July! Well if thats not an extra reason to pack up my bags sometime soon to go visit Las Vegas I do not know what is! :) Jade is such a cute pregnant lady but she would not let me take a picture of her belly so you will just have to take my word for it. 

Best of luck in Vegas Jade and I promise I will visit soon!

 
Jessica, Jade, Me (excuse my sunburn thats another story), and Michelle

"The most important thing in life is your family. There are days you love them, and others you don't. But, in the end, they're the people you always come home to. Sometimes it's the family you're born into and sometimes it's the one you make for yourself." (Sex and the City) - So very true I am so blessed with so many amazing friends in my life and I consider them all part of my family! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment