Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Fiesta

One of the coolest things about living in San Antonio, well besides the awesome Spurs (how about them Spurs up 3-1! Yay!), is Fiesta. If you are not from the San Antonio area you probably have no clue what Fiesta is about besides maybe knowing that the word means "party" in Spanish.

Fiesta is San Antonio's own version of a holiday. For more details and the history behind it please click here. My explanation of Fiesta is about 10 days of partying in San Antonio with different events throughout including lots of food and drinks. My favorite part about it is all schools and most jobs are given a holiday for Battle of Flowers day! This day usually falls on or around my birthday meaning a holiday of my very own for my birthday!! (This year was no exception).

One of the biggest events that happen during Fiesta is Night in Old San Antonio (or NIOSA). I have not been able to go since I have been about six hours away for the last five or so years so I was excited to be able to partake in the festivities this year! Last Tuesday, I went with my mom, Marty, and brother downtown and experienced NIOSA and all of its fun and yummy food!

I should have taken a picture of all the food we tried but I thought about that too late.. I did get a picture of some of the food and such.

We did not eat this giant piece of sausage! But I had to get a picture of it!
My Brother with Marty. He enjoyed this cake. 

In the German Hall.. there was dancing :)

Pretzel was yummy!

OMG funnel cake was AMAZING!


This sausage was so good! They had 4 or 5 different kinds to try in one stick.

My bro bro with his cotton candy!

Apparently people attempt to have ridiculous outfits and hats to celebrate Fiesta as well.. I could not stop taking pictures of all the crazy attire I saw. Here are some of the highlights:

Those are martini glasses hanging off her hat.



Those balls looked uncomfortable..

This hat wins most entertaining and creative.. I mean a piƱata!!

Just clowning around :)

It was a gorgeous evening.. the food was good.. the drinks were flowing.. and at the end of the night we left content :) 
Marty, my mom, me, and my bro bro



No comments:

Post a Comment