Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hopeless Cause?

So my mom came home today after working out with a bag from HEB. Of course, I was nosy and looked around the bag to see if there was anything of interest or yummy in there that I could have. :) One of the items I found (the rest were boring groceries) was this:



Do you know what this is my friends? That is a veladora or basically just a candle in English. It has the different saints and my mom usually buys one and lights it when something is wrong and she prays. Usually my mom has one at the house if someone is sick and/or hurt and she leaves it on all night. Now that I think about it.. it is probably a horrible fire hazard to be left unattended but that is another story.

So back to my veladora story. So as soon as I see this veladora,  I assumed the worst and figured someone was either sick or something was wrong so I asked my mother. She proceeded to let me know that nothing was wrong and that she just wanted to have one for the house. I was relieved at her response.. but obviously too quickly! She then proceeded to tell me that she got the veladora with St. Jude Tadeo because he is the saint for "hard things" in your life. 

What hard things in your life do you mean? Well she then proceeds to tell me that she got it so she can pray for me during my hard week of studies this week and while I take the FAR part of the CPA test. She quickly adds just to make sure that the CPA exam goes well. My instant reaction is to chuckle at my mom and then I think awe my mom is so nice and thoughtful! 

So then I continue to look at the veladora and see this prayer behind the veladora:



So apparently me taking and passing the FAR part of the CPA exam is a hopeless cause! :(

Thanks mom!

2 comments: