Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Honeymoon Day 6 aka Ana Day

Saturday July 30
Saturday was what I would like to call "Ana" day. :) We had a full day scheduled of fun stuff that I chose to do and I was ready for the fun to begin. We woke up and got our breakfast at Bahama Bay then rested until 10 a.m. when we were going to head to snorkeling. Then it was postponed until 11 a.m. because water was choppy. So no big deal we ventured around the Sandals resort and came back! Then bad news happened again.. we were heading towards the marina location to go get the boat to go snorkeling.. and the trip was cancelled AGAIN because the water was choppy!
This was me! Not really but I was quite upset. I had been looking forward to snorkeling and it was NOT going to happen at this rate..Choppy water: 3 Ana: 0

Now my lovely husband was so happy upset that the snorkeling trip was cancelled. He hates loves to snorkel with the potential of seeing sharks any animal. (Catching on to my sarcasm?) Adam saw this as a sign from God saying snorkeling was just not in this trips plan... but then the clouds parted and the sun came out and the water activities head honcho guy said "We are postponing the trip until 1 p.m." (I rolled my eyes knowing clearly what this probably meant! CAN'T trick me FOUR times guy!) Then he said, "We are going to take the bigger boat and take you to the quiet spot of the blue holes of the Bahamas. I have to make it up to you guys. I will even bring champagne and other drinks on board!" ::::cue for alleluia song and the sun shining brightly:::

Now this is what I am talking about! I quickly nudged Adam and told him he clearly was not listening to what God was trying to tell us... we were not going to go to the other ordinary spot to snorkel... we would get to go to the awesome blue holes of the Bahamas! Score! I immediately was smiling and ready for our adventure! On the other hand, my husband, was trying to ruin my happy party! He quickly reminded me that we had facials that day late afternoon and we would probably not be able to do both and the blue holes sounded way too dangerous anyway! 

The party was quickly over for me. Adam tried to make me happy by telling me we should go sailing. So off to sign off to sail we did. I was pretty pouty throughout out this time because I was not satisfied with our compromise. However, we ran into the water activities guy again and he reassured us that we should go snorkeling. "It would be a trip of a lifetime" and we would be back with enough time to make it to our spa appointments.

I was unable to take pictures of us while sailing because I was using all my energy to pout about the snorkeling situation but these are the sail boats.

Finally my husband was guilt tripped realized that his wife was correct (as she is always) and that snorkeling would be amazing! So snorkeling was back on and boy where we glad we joined! Now I was unsure what the blue holes of the Bahamas were but I knew two things.. 1) they don't usually take people snorkeling there and therefore 2) you gotta pay extra money to go there! So I was guessing it would be a good time!

Happy wife, happy life!


Adam excited to go snorkeling!

The amazing water!




We did not have a water proof camera but the area we went snorkeling was calm and there were lots of coral, bright colored fishes, and even a sting ray! We were dreading hoping to run into the friendly shark the guides told us about but unfortunately he did not come around. Oh darn maybe next time :) The blue holes were pretty cool (like really temperature cold and they were neat to swim around). Adam was a snorkeling machine and enjoyed it so much! (No sarcasm here!) So he realized the wifey knows a thing or two!

Happiness!


We ran into a sail boat race going on!

Our boat that finally took me snorkeling in the Bahamas!

It was a tight squeeze but we got back in time with enough time to get to our spa appointment! It was very relaxing.. I may have even fallen asleep for a minute or two! After this we went back to our room to get ready for another night at Il Cielo! The food was great again and we enjoyed chatting with Sterling!

Wine after a successful day!

My awesome husband!



We decided to sit in the comfy loungy chairs and see the sun set and "smoke" our Cubans. (Basically I tried to look cool with my Cuban cigar. It was just like any cigar by the way aka disgusting.. but I guess when in Rome!)

Sterling sent us home with wine and even midnight snacks!

Our view from the comfy lounge chairs! Successful "Ana" day overall!

1 comment: