Sunday, August 7, 2011

Honeymoon Day 1

While I wait for professional wedding pictures, I want to recap some of our fun wedding festivities I never had a chance to blog about! I see no better place to start than the end - The Honeymoon! :)

Ben, a wise man Adam's cousin, advised us to definitely go all out on our honeymoon and after our pep talk we definitely took his advice and booked an 8 day, 7 night trip to Exuma, Bahamas! We were sooooo excited! And then we started paying the bills.. and then we started second guessing our "awesome" decision! But I tell you what after enjoying a trip of a lifetime making amazing memories in paradise, we do not regret our decision! Ben was correct! (This seems to happen often!)

We flew out to Exuma, Bahamas the Monday after the wedding, July 25.

We were gifted Castroville T-Shirts and I thought it would be fun to wear them on our way to the Bahamas! 

We took a very small plane from Ft. Lauderdale to Exuma and arrived at a very small airport!

Exuma, Bahamas Immigration 
Bahamas Flag!

We were picked up by a taxi reserved by Sandals and were greeted with champagne! We were given a calendar with a week full of events and told about the different places available to eat/drink within the resort. Then we unpacked and explored our room.





We loved the fully stocked bar!
All sorts of different liquors!

Our Patio
Our amazing view!

We were exhausted after our fun wedding weekend! We grabbed a bite to eat and enjoyed the beach a bit!


Adam was excited to find coconuts!

We ate lunch very late this day so only Dino's Pizza was open at that time. The pizza was pretty good though and the servers brought us our pizza by carrying them on their heads! Which was really fun!

Exploring the resort.

Adam loving all the plants especially the coconut palm trees!

The prettiest water I have ever seen!

We enjoyed the beach and the pool all day along with some fruity drinks. We were so tired though we did not make dinner plans. We instead cracked open a bottle of wine and ordered room service so we could rest up for the other 7 days of our trip!





1 comment: