Monday, August 8, 2011

Honeymoon Day 2 and 3

Tuesday July 26
We slept over 12 hours so we were well rested on Tuesday! We got up and had breakfast at Bahama Bay. Bahama Bay is a restaurant that is open for each meal of the day and it is buffet style. We didn't care for this place for lunch or dinner, in fact I only went there for lunch once, but the breakfast rocked! It had yummy buffet breakfast items, fresh cut fruit, pastries and baked breads (I thought of you Heinzes!), and cold cuts of meat including smoked salmon (which was a hit in the AP squared casa!). The most exciting part of all is Bahama Bay also had an omelet bar which I enjoyed! (I am a foodie sorry I can't help it!)

After breakfast we had decided to go to the golf clinic where one of the pros of the Greg Norman Golf Course would help teach me how to get the ball off the ground our game. Before that we had some time to kill so we decided to go for a quick work out.

Some cardio time!

And pumping iron! :)

We then arrived at the golf clinic still early so we got to hang around the golf club suite!

Greg Norman

Adam looking fancy.

Apparently there is a golf show called the Big Break? Its reality tv show but with golf.. Anyways it was hosted at the golf course we were at.

Adam worked on his draw (?) I am pretty sure that's what he calls it.

Ready to become a golfer!

The pro helping me!

After our golf clinic I convinced Adam to play in the golf scramble later on that week because I knew he would really enjoy it! 

After our golf clinic fun we went to the Spa and had a couples massage which was very relaxing! Then we ate lunch at Barefoot by the Sea which I fell in love with immediately and decided we would eat dinner there too! We enjoyed the rest of the afternoon at the beach and pool with some local beers.

Sands and Kalik! Kalik was my fave!

Adam could not choose!! (Actually he likes Kalik the best too!)




In the evening we got dressed for a yummy dinner back at Barefoot and I was excited to hear the Drunken Duck Pub was having karaoke! Ready for a night full of fun!

Our view from our seat


Barefoot by the sea! :)





Adam found tabasco.. He was in love!

And darts!

After awhile though.. the excitement wore off.. and it wasn't even karaoke time yet! 

I managed to convince Adam that a martini would fix it all!

I ended the night singing Sweet Caroline!
Wednesday July 27
Since we stayed up past our bedtime (it really wasn't much later than 11:30 pm) we slept in a bit later on Wednesday morning. And we got a hearty breakfast (at Bahama Bay!) because we were going snorkeling that day! I was really excited to go! We got on the boat, met other fellow Big 12 people at the resort, and we were ready to go have fun! Unfortunately, the waves were too big that day and we had to postpone the trip for a different day! (I would try three more times before I finally got to go on Saturday!)

So off to the pool we went to enjoy the rest of the afternoon and some Barefoot by the Sea lunch (we were a little obsessed!)


We also walked around and explored the beach some more!

Dreamed of one day having a time share across from Sandals..

Enjoyed more of the flowers!


We learned how to play the real shuffleboard!

 
In the evening we got fancy and went to La Parisiene for dinner! We loved it so much we made reservations again to go back on Sunday! This night I had bacon wrapped scallops (appetizer), the ahi tuna (AMAZING dinner), and an apple tart (dessert). Adam had a seafood soup (appetizer), lamb (good dinner), and banana tart (dessert). Add to this a couple glasses of wine and we were too full to go out that night! :)

My handsome husband did not mind though it was probably already close to his bedtime anyways! :) He had a golf scramble game to prepare for the next day! 

1 comment: