After a couple of days of gluttony, I was ready for some more exercise! So I convinced Adam to do morning yoga with me. It was amazingly relaxing. You could hear the waves and there was a cool breeze!
We had trouble taking pictures in the yoga area with the sun but it was a gorgeous view! Wish I could show the beach side!
After yoga, we decided to try Il Cielo for breakfast! It is a la carte breakfast that we had not tried yet. We spent the rest of the morning and afternoon reading our book and lounging by the quiet pool (Adam's favorite pool). Adam was very excited because he would be playing in a golf scramble that afternoon! Adam did not take my camera so we did not get pictures of the gorgeous golf course but we hope to go back! Adam played great and got some great tips from the pros! He got 2nd place! I was very proud.:)
I bet you can guess the demographics at this pool. My husband the grandpa! :)
I tried to take the pic of both of us by auto timing it!
Fuzzy's made it to the Bahamas! We actually lost this shirt after this day :(
We found the wedding gazebo!
Adam decided to have a little fun.
The day was over before we knew it and we decided to try the Drunken Duck Pub for dinner. The food was good bar food but not our favorite of the trip. The best part was the bread pudding by far! They had piano sing-a-long at the piano bar and I knew we had to join in the fun! The piano sing along wasn't as great as we had hoped but we made friends with some new people arriving at the resort and most importantly Denrick, our favorite bartender. He was a character and reminded of us our friend, Mark, back home.
We did not stay out too late though because we had fishing bright and early the next morning!
Friday July 29
It was finally bonefishing day in the Bahamas! We woke up bright and early and met Olly, our fishing guide. We drove for about 15 minutes to the tip of the island and then we were off on our boat! The water was a bit choppy and so I held on for dear life! As soon as we arrived at the area we would be fishing, though, it was nice and calm. It was a beautiful morning! Adam got to work with a fly fishing rod!
The dock
The boat were I braved the choppy water
Fly fishing
First catch of the day! A small fish. (I can't remember the type)
Me getting ready to become a fisherwoman!
Adam's second fish but no bone fish yet.
I got the first bonefish of the day! I was not too thrilled to hold it so Olly helped!
After my first catch ever out of the way, I was ready for more!
Adam excited!
A little before Adam caught his bonefish. I caught a second one! It was bigger than my first one I was so proud! I thought I could hold it all on my own for a picture since I was a brave fishing person now.. Right about picture taking time, Adam started feeling a tug to his reel and I started to lose control of the fish.. before I knew it my fish flopped out of the boat! :( So no picture of my second awesome fish!
Adam however caught one himself which was exciting! Check that off the bucket list for the husband and I guess me too! :)
Beautiful water!
Another catch of Adam
Overall, the fishing trip was a blast. I caught a crab and Adam caught a couple of other fish. I learned a bit more about fishing and got to enjoy the beautiful morning in the Bahamas.
Thanks Olly!
After fishing, we were a bit tired but mainly famished! We went back to our favorite spot Barefoot by the Sea and lounged by the Beach in the shade. I was so tired I took a nap and Adam read his book.. Boy did we burn! I don't think we reapplied sunblock this day and we thought we were "safe" in the shade. We were quite red for our new dinner adventure at Il Cielo! This restaurant is an Italian restaurant and we met Sterling. He was quite the character as well and he definitely gave us lots of food!
Il Cielo had a dessert lounge bar next to the restaurant and Adam had tiramasu that he loved!
Sterling, our fave waiter, decided we needed a photo shoot so we took a couple of fun pics!
Next up was the Junkanoo Street Party!
The Junkanoo Street Party was a blast! There was more food (which we did not eat b/c we were so full unfortunately), lots of drinks (discovered sky juice- coconut juice and gin yum!), dancing, music, and history of how Junkanoo started along with the Kalik beer. The Kalik beer got its name from the sound of the cowbell! It goes "kalik, kalik, kalik, kalik!"
Overall Friday was quite the busy day and very successful! We were ready to enjoy our weekend in the Bahamas before returning home!


































No comments:
Post a Comment