I finally received my undergraduate diploma!! I graduated with my MS in Accounting and BBA in Accounting & Finance two months ago but I only walked for my masters. Two days of long graduations just did not sound like fun! Rawls College of Business said they would mail me my diploma within a couple weeks. I assumed I would have my diploma by the ringing of the new year! WRONG! I called Rawls and asked if something was wrong and they said they were not going to mail them out till the end of January. So I patiently waited again.. with my beautiful diploma frame anxiously awaiting the arrival of my diploma.
January came and went and nothing still! So about a week ago I called Rawls again and said what is going on? The college was apparently waiting on labels?!?! LABELS?!? These better be some magical labels I have waited 2 months for my diploma already! They did kindly tell me that I could pick it up at my earliest convenience at the undergraduate office. Well problem.. I live 6 hours away and a 12 hr round trip is not really within my studying budgeted schedule!
I was planning on calling them at the end of the month if I did not receive it but alas it got here today! :) I am ecstatic and its a beautiful diploma! I had no idea that it would state on it that I graduated Summa Cum Laude! Proud moment! I cannot wait to move to Houston and finally give my diplomas a proper home where they can hang loud and proud ha! I cannot believe two very large and fragile pieces of paper can be so symbolic! They symbolize what hard work, dedication, and refusal to take no for an answer can achieve! I am forever grateful of all the people in my life that have helped me reach this goal through financial help, emotional support, and guidance.
I hope to take this new sense of accomplishment to inspire me to persevere through my CPA studies. I once again refuse to fail. Failure is not an option. In less than ten days I will sit for the first part. I have to and will be as prepared as I possibly can be! Okay and blog procrastinating ends here! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment