So I finally did it.. I FINALLY received my NTS and signed up to take the test on prometric.. For you lucky individuals that think I am speaking a foreign language let me give you a quick wrap up of the CPA application process in Texas..
First it all starts with filling out the Application of Intent form.. not necessarily hard but you have to gather a lot of annoying information to turn in with it and the form can be confusing at times.. You need transcripts, passport pictures, things notarized, if you are lucky like me maybe a new liscence.. etc etc.. Then after you are done with that..you wait... Around 2 or 3 weeks later there is sign of life on the other side and hopefully you receive approval .. They have by then already taken your $50 that cost you to apply. After this is done, you must then then fill out an Eligility Application which takes just a couple of minutes and $15 more dollars.. Then you wait for them to get back to you which is usually 48 hours. Here comes the kicker! People usually think they are on their way out of this crazy mess of waiting but NO! Once they approve you then.. you must wait for the National Accounting Board to approve you.. which takes like 5 or so days. Then you finally get to pay the test fee of around $200 depending on which section you take.. Then you must wait for their approval to go through THEN you can sign up for your test and hope the day you wanted to test is still available!!!
Alright so after a month long application process.. and probably about $300 or so dollars later.. I finally went and signed up for the day. I did not want to freak out or hesitate so I signed up for the latest day available for me which happens to be Friday February 26 then I had the choice to take at 9 am or 2 pm. I may regret this later but I decided to sign up for the 9 am mainly because I HATE waiting around for tests and I may want to partake in some happy hours or leave out of town after I finish my test. As soon as I pressed okay I spazzed! "Can I change the date? Was I too rash and did not think of my decision? Will I be prepared?"
I guess the only later time that I could sign up for this test during this testing window is the 2 pm one and I just dont want to do that.. SOOOO I guess the answer is either take it some other testing window or suck it up and stick with the original plan. :( No worries if something does happen I believe I can push it back to April sometime but by then I will be way into FAR or AUD depending on the time of April.... So basically this is my only choice.. This is why I did the live class because I don't think I will EVER feel prepared for the test.. too much info.
No worries Peter Olinto (guy in picture above me, aka one of my lecture professors) said in the first lecture that happiness and passing the CPA exam have an inverse relationship. Therefore, I must pass with flying colors because right now I am very unhappy about this CPA exam :( So if you have time please say a prayer for me and mark your calendars. Encouraging words will be welcomed that last week!
In happier news, I received an email from my Becker instructor! Class starts this saturday yipee :) I am quite glad I started early because I have NO idea how they planned for me to sit for the exam this month with the class starting so late! Anyone can join the first lecture to see if they are interested.. SO which of my amazing friends want to try out if the CPA life is for them? Any takers?
I am sure more freaking out blogs or updates on my class are sure to follow!



No comments:
Post a Comment