Saturday, February 6, 2010

Elijah Watt Sells Awards

So I know I said in a previous blog that living life from goal to goal is not necessarily healthy all the time.. but it does not hurt to have goals in life, right? :) Once again I have let my ambition get ahead of myself and I am in an (more than likely) impossible quest to be recognized with the Elijah Watt Sells Award!

Well what is the Elijah Watt Sells Award?! Let me tell you because I just found out myself this past week as I searched the web, yet again, for the key to passing the CPA exam. (PS- there is no secret key to passing.. just unbearable amounts of studying! Well so I hear and so I hope ha!) The Elijah Watt Sells Award is presented by the AICPA to the top ten candidates with the highest cumulative scores on all four sections of the CPA exam. So basically I want to be in the top 10 out of 85,000 or so candidates! Totally do-able right? :)

Don't worry friends... Its not like this is going to turn me into a crazy CPA test studying fiend! Well at least anymore than I plan on studying to begin with! Let me give you my reasoning on why I am even giving myself this goal! See my whole life... I have always prepared for tests, quizzes, extracurricular activities giving it 110% and get the highest grade, score, etc possible. So usually even though I may just need X grade on a test to keep my A, I always study for a 100. I know I am ridiculous but thats the way I work. And I KNOW thats probably not a reasonable way to study for the CPA exam. AND I KNOW that its just an amazing feat to PASS the CPA exam! I know all this.. I will be extremely happy if I just pass the tests the first part.. but I can still try to be recognized right?

It would just be SO cool (and accounting nerdy) to get recognized as a top scorer of the CPA exam in the NATION! This past year two Big 4 people got the award. Deloitte and KPMG :) I do not see anything wrong with attempting to represent my future employer in such an amazing award! What an honor! :) So I may be crazy.. and probably once I take my first test I will realize how ridiculous I am sometimes but for now its a goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment