Friday, September 10, 2010

I Passed! I am DONE! Sort of..

I just realized that I never blogged about the most 2nd most exciting news to happen to me this year! (The 1st is mine and Adam's engagement of course!! :) )

I PASSED THE CPA EXAM!

All.Of.It!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Do these exclamation marks begin to show my excitement or should I continue with some more?!)

I found out about two weeks ago when the great CPA gods (aka AICPA and TSBPA) finally released my grades after nearly TWO months of being held hostage. And once again they could not have come at a better time.. You can ask Adam.. I swear my fiancĂ© is a saint.. how he puts up with my crazies sometimes is unbelievable!!

I will give you a short run down of my crazies so you can understand! The grading release process is a bit complicated but to simplify.. the AICPA releases the grades in groups and the test I took was the last group they release for that period. Also, they do not release on the weekends. ALSO, after all this mess happens then the TSBPA has to release the grade so I can finally see it on my computer screen. (PS- None of this is told.. I have just learned this crazy process throughout this year.) So, I have been sweating bullets and stressing since probably hmm... July 1st when I took the test!

So now fast forward to the end of August when I am waiting for my grade to come out.. Grades are taking forever.. the AICPA is taking forever.. TSBPA is not working like it normally works. For some reason the whole grading process was quirky this time... I tried to put on a smile and I put a way late deadline.. Last week in August my grade shall be out by Wednesday so I will find out by Friday and I can either cry and drink some of my sorrows away or I will celebrate.. either way the weekend will be there to save me! Well come and go all day Wednesday and there are no grades released.. I am a mess.. I tried to act like I did not care.. but after almost 2 months of stressing I literally just had mental breakdown that evening. Not a bad one people don't worry.. I just basically cried and cried (PS- I DON'T CRY!! But the CPA has done this to me a couple of times!) So basically, Adam is left there to make me feel better and tell me to not stress and the grade will be out and to be positive. BTW.. I never really told him I was stressed out about the CPA test.. So it came out of nowhere to him aka all sorts of crazies!

So then come Thursday.. I am all better because I stopped stressing and realized Adam was right... but then now Adam is all worried that I am so worried.. (vicious cycle see!) Then, I found out that the grade was released Wednesday so I did end up finding out that Friday about my grade.. so the whole crazies episode was not necessary.. ::sigh::

Moral of the story.. My fiance is a saint and crazies happen without reason sometimes.. Oh and don't stress about the CPA test.. and be positive.. and believe in yourself lol... So lots of lessons to be learned.

Yay for CPA studying being done! Now all I need is a year's worth of experience so I can actually get those three letters officially added to my name! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment