1) It rains every day in Houston.. No joke seriously! I guess its because we are close to the coast but it will rain for at least 15 or so minutes every day! PS- Unlike in Lubbock and sometimes San Antonio, the rain does not cool off the day but instead makes it even more humid and muggy.. lovely! I am hoping this changes in November or so LOL.

White Bentley..
2) I will see nice cars everywhere I go in Houston. And by nice I do not mean a Lexus, BMW, or Mercedes.. no those are common folk cars around these neck of the woods. (Where does that leave my poor little Nissan.. I won't go there. I tell Roberta Sentra every day to not be intimidated by the nice cars!) I mean Bentleys, Ferraris, Maseratis, Rolls Royce, Ashton Martin, etc etc.. Some of these cars I recognize while driving.. most of the time though I only notice a few. I only notice them ALL when Adam is in the car and freaks out about the awesome cars near us.
To be honest.. I have heard of these cars but I did not know what they looked like, well until now! I mean how am I suppose to find out since I will probably not ever own one? It must be a girl thing to be oblivious.. Adam knows them all.
3) Every one speeds. Seriously, I remember this from when I lived here last year but I forgot the extent of it. More times that not in order to keep up with traffic, one must drive at least 10 mph over the speed limit. This is quite a predicament with me. I am used to always speeding around 5 mph.. no more than that. I am always paranoid a cop is going to pull me over when I finally notice I am driving 10 mph over the speed limit.. Usually around that time a car zips by me going 30 mph over the speed limit and realize.. they will probably pull him over before me...hopefully. In Houston's defense, all the highways speed limit for the most part are just around 60 mph. Therefore, the 10 mph over just leaves me around 70 mph.. which is a pretty typical speed limit for me in San Antonio.. hmmm the ones that go 30 mph over.. those are just impatient city folks...
4) I now fully believe that the same
5) All Lifetimes (the gym) in Houston are next to a hospital! I am still trying to figure out if there is a correlation. Okay I lie, I have not been to the one in Katy or the ones in Humble.. but those are far folks.. far! And somehow, I feel like they must be next to hospitals too! Are there just a lot of hospitals in the area?
6) The next time someone tells you they go to the University of Houston, listen carefully if they add anything to the end because apparently its important. There are TWO different U of H universities in Houston. Weird right? I thought so! One of them is called U of H main and the other one is U of H downtown. I believe U of H main, the cougars, is the one that Texas Tech played last year and lost to during the preseason. (How embarrassing.. We better get our revenge this year Red Raiders!) U of H downtown, the gators, are a complete and totally different one. Weird.. I told fellow Houstonians that was weird.. and they said it was just like UTSA and UT.. I understand that but those are in different cities! Anybody else think this is a weird concept?
I am sure there are some other weird things about this city I now call home but in the mean time I probably already bored my only two friends that read this so I will stop! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment