Thursday, June 24, 2010

Top Five Reasons why the World Cup is Awesome!

OMG! Have y'all been watching the World Cup?! Because I have... (It makes studying hard but I get creative people! Sleeping is not important when there is soccer on T.V. and CPA material to be reviewed.) I am actually quite impressed with the U.S. soccer mania going on during this World Cup. Quite impressive I tell you.. But well deserved! I praise the U.S. team for never giving up. The U.S. Team, although frustrating to watch at times, are playing their hearts out and leaving everything on the field! Talk about a nail biter finish this past game against Algeria! Seriously just watch this video! I love all the different reactions from the game!

So if you have not joined in the madness here are my top 5 reasons why I love the World Cup this year!

5) The Spanish commentators.. some people get annoyed with the "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!" but not me! I get really excited and run around the house yelling "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL."

4) The underdogs kicking butt and Europe teams going home- Don't get me wrong.. I was slightly sad Italy went home.. but it is time for a new team to win a World Cup! I mean how many times must we be reminded how great the Euro Leagues are?!?! Or how many different ways can Brazil and Argentina win the World Cup? This is why I think everyone needs to cheer for Mexico on Sunday because boo Argentina we need new people making it farther into the World Cup.

3) Studly Soccer Players- Not all obviously! But OMG.. There are some HOT soccer players and they all have amazing muscular bodies. Some of my favorites:

French-Yoann Gourcuff                                              


Portugal - Ronaldo Cristiano 


Mexico: Rafael Marquez


2) Sportsmanship- I LOVE when soccer players shake hands at the end of the game and swap shirts. Sure this does not always happen..(Do-not-even-get-me-started-on-the-French-coach! Boo "Les Bleus" I am glad you went home!) But it is a great example of sportsmanship to kids and adults as well!


1) National Pride- There is nothing better than to see the pride in the fans for whatever country they are cheering for! Sure.. sometimes the frustration shows during the game but when the team wins.. oh man! You would think the countries problems are solved.. In a time when things are a bit depressing (economy, gulf coast oil spill, drug lords in Mexico, etc etc.. way too many to list and depressing to think about), it is nice to see people come together and celebrate their respective countries!

This picture is of the Zocalo in Mexico City. During the World Cup, giant T.V's are put up and people watch the games.. OMG sounds so dangerous but I can only imagine how much fun it is to cheer together.. Almost as great as going to the game.. almost.


Alright so everyone watch the U.S. beat Ghana and Mexico beat Argentina at 1:30 pm this Saturday and Sunday! Go North American Teams! :)  

1 comment: