So as I grow older and pseudo wiser, I have realized that I am very goal oriented. I know this is a good thing but at the same time I am starting to realize that it can be bad. I blame the school system for my dilemma! Every year in school our teachers tell us how we must learn everything they teach us so we can succesfully do our homework, pass to the next grade, get more responsiblity/freedom, and FINALLY get to the end of the school year so we can enjoy SUMMER! Well while I was young this was great! It was a simple way to life.. I go to school, I listen to teacher, I do my homework, I get good grade, teacher and mom are happy, and then I get to enjoy my summer doing as I please!
Well problem is you start realizing a trend and a dilemma form as you get to college! I have incorporated this thought into my every day life! I went to school, I attempted to listen to teacher, I did my homework, study for test, get good grades and move on to the next class I must take to finish college. Same thing with work.. I get an assignment, I listen to my boss, I do the assignment, and I cross if off my to do list! Well my "summers" grew smaller and smaller and less time for me to do as I please!
Most people are thinking I dont see the problem you are going through life just fine and getting things done. Well this is true and I agree its a great way to get things done but now I am in a predicament. I graduated out of college so now my next step is tackling the CPA so I can get a bonus and advance succesfully through my real career. Well am I ever going to live for today? I am always living for tomorrow! Tomorrow once I finish passing the CPA, moving to Houston, starting my job, etc. I will get to enjoy my life fully just like when I was little and enjoyed my summers off! Well this is wrong.. We dont get summers off and although I need to continue doing the things I am doing to get where I want to be.. Sometimes I need to focus more on now instead of tomorrow!
So I guess the moral of the story is that although goals are great and everyone should have them, we all could be happy for just today! Enjoy every day for today not for tomorrow! Living every day through work or school waiting for our vacation is no way to live through life! I will just grow old and bitter! So new plan of action.. I will always be goal oriented.. I always look forward to tomorrow.. but every day of my life will have AT LEAST 15 minutes of "summertime" doing as I please so I can keep my sanity :)
Either that or can anyone find a way to shutdown all businesses for 3 months during the summer so we can all go out and play at the pool every day with all our friends and eat sandwiches and potato chips? Now THAT would be awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment