So this weekend I went to Monterrey Mexico. I did not really feel like going but I am glad that I ended up going at the end. It was great to get to see family friends and get to eat yummy food. In addition, I feel like its a great eye opening/ humbling experience.
I always feel so bad for all the homeless or poor people that you encounter while in Mexico. It breaks my heart to see little kids working at grocery stores probably getting paid mere pennies. I am so lucky to have been able to enjoy my childhood and be able to do things such as dance and other extracurricular activities. Sure I did not get everything I wanted and may have less money than others BUT I still had much more than others.
Then I thought of the people in Haiti and how they are living by the second not knowing what would happen next. I am sure they would trade places with even some of the poorest people in Mexico just to know their family is okay.
SO I guess the overall lesson to me is that humans are innately greedy. We always want more than what we have. That is so sad to really think about because we always want more and it can make us unhappy and never truly appreciate what we do have. The person in Haiti who can't find his/her family and has no shelter and has hunger should be thankful he/she survived the earthquake and pray for those who did not. The poor kid in Mexico working should be thankful his/her family is okay and he has a job to earn a little money. Finally, I should be thankful to have had the opportunity to grow up with things that a lot of people in this world just wish for. I am safe, my family is safe, we have roof over our heads. We may not be rich but we are comfortable. I may not have a true job but thats by my choosing basically for being picky. Having the option to be picky is incredibly LUCKY!
So next time I am feeling down for one reason or another I will think of the people in Haiti that will not have the chance to feel sad or stressed. I have been given so much in my life and want to give back as much as possible when I can! We all need to be less greedy and enjoy life as it is. :)
SO dont know if that even makes sense but that's enough for today! :) In other news, I have attempted to make my blog fancy with a counter of how many people look at this which I am sure is just me and maybe Adam ha. And a countdown that I don't know if it works... but thats enough wasting time for today! MUST get started with Peter Olinto (Becker CPA) and turn in an application to hopefully tutor math! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment