Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Happy 8 Years and Last Dating Anniversary

Adam and I at my high school graduation party. Ancient picture!

On August 21st, Adam and I had our last dating anniversary. WOOHOO for 8 yrs! It so happened to be restaurant week in Houston. (By the way.. restaurant week is a lie! I mean it lasts for about a month!) What is restaurant month week you ask? Let me explain because its a new concept for me too! A LOT of really nice restaurants in the Houston area come together and serve 2-4 course meals (depending if its lunch or dinner) for a fraction of the cost ($20 for lunch, $35 for dinner) that it normally costs to go to these restaurants. A portion of these funds are then donated to the Houston Food Bank. So basically every one wins during this awesome time! SO, our anniversary happened to be at a time restaurant week was still going on.. I was REALLY really excited to go try a fancy restaurant for our anniversary dinner!

BUT, life got in the way and we were not able to try out a new fun fancy restaurant for a fraction of the price! (OH well! There is always next year!) We were both extremely exhausted from both the move from the weekend before and the quick visit to San Antonio and back that same week/weekend. Instead, Adam and I enjoyed a quiet evening at home with take out from Maggianos (yummy!) and a rented movie! It was perfect and everything we needed at that moment of exhaustion! :) 


So I guess we will officially retire August 21st after eight years full of amazing anniversaries with the love of my life. Adam, if you are reading this, you are more than welcome to still bring me flowers whenever your heart desires on this particular day or any day for that matter! (For inspiration, please refer to picture above minus the cheesy vase!)

Ready for our new special day to get here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment