So let's start the recap from the beginning of my weekend vacation starting with Thursday..(Because let's be honest.. I am not one to tell short stories!) So Thursday morning.. I woke up to horrible rain.. and it was THE DAY.. yeah test day. I went in and took my (hopefully) last CPA test of my life. ::SIGH::: It was hard.. it was difficult....I wished my brain could retain more information... and now I am praying that I did enough. So basically.. just a normal day in CPA test world.
After my test.. I went home and finished over-packing for my long weekend away (It's a problem.. but I cannot fix it.. I over-pack.) I braved the rain all the way to Cypress, TX (a.k.a. suburb of Houston). I got to the house Adam is currently living and got to see the M's. They were unusually quiet but I figured maybe they were tired from the week and the cloudy rainy day. (Little did I know they were trying to keep quiet because they were afraid they might tell Adam's secret!!!!) We left and had dinner at this amazing little pizza joint called Locatelli's Pizza. We split a yummy pizza and had a beer to relax and unwind! It was great :) I was pleasantly surprised by Adam wanting to have a night out in the town. So we decided to call my cousin and had a grand ol' time in Rice Village!
Friday morning we had an early start so Adam could show me the place where he works. I got to meet all of the B's and several of his employees. It was pouring rain, so conditions were not the greatest, but his boss bragged on Adam and showed me all the different stuff Adam is in charge of. We then proceeded to go to the Cypress Outlets.. AMAZING... except it was raining here and there. I personally wanted to go straight to the beach but I knew Adam wanted to show me the shops and such. (Actually he was attempting to kill time.) We shopped and then watched part of the Uruguay vs Ghana game while having lunch at a Mexican restaurant. (Once again, Adam attempting to think outside the box with the weather not cooperating.)

FINALLY, we set on the road to Matagorda, TX! We arrived to an empty beach house around 5 p.m. and I had no CLUE where everyone went! Adam said they must have gone ahead and gone to Spoonbills, the restaurant where Adam had told me we were having a family reunion dinner. I was slightly annoyed with Adam at this point because I thought we were running late. I now would have zero time to get dressed for dinner since we were obviously running late! Little did I know why no one was in sight! He then told me to look at all the changes of the deck.. and since I am slightly ADD, I completely forgot I was in a hurry and instead ran to see all the changes. Adam pointed out the crows nest (pictured above with my brother) and of course I ran up to the second story of the deck in hopes to go up the crows nest.
Adam caught up with me and decided that was not such a good idea because it is a bit rocky and it was windy that day. We started talking about our excitement for the beach trip and such while overlooking the ocean. Then Adam got down on one knee and probably started saying something but I was trying to figure out what was happening! He said "will you marry me?" And I of course said yes! I cried and then wondered where everyone was hiding.. but they really went to the restaurant! Adam told me it was our engagement celebration not a family reunion and we went to celebrate with his family! But he had one last surprise. As I walked in, there was my mom, brother, and Marty waiting to celebrate as well! So I cried again!
I got to spend the rest of the weekend relaxing, enjoying the WONDERFUL sunny weather, and looking at bridal magazines that Adam's cousin, Carrie, gifted to me. We were so lucky the weather cooperated all weekend long. I am so lucky to be blessed with amazing family and friends. I am even more blessed to marry into such a wonderful family that already considers me part of the family and are amazing individuals! The best is yet to come and I am oh so excited!
To my Fiancé: You are an amazing individual. I am so thankful I met you almost 8 years ago. You have helped me grow so much as a person. You are truly my better half... you have taught me patience, forgiveness, perseverance and so much more! It is amazing to see how much our relationship and friendship has evolved over the years!
We were just babies!
My best friend!
My fiancé! :)











OMG! BIG CONGRATS TO YOU TWO!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHere's lookin at you kid. ;-)
ReplyDeleteYall were so little! I love you both and yeah you're getting married!
ReplyDeleteI like how I kind of made it into this blog - the first picture of "young" Adam & you is at MY house ;-) haha! SO happy for you bestie! Love y'all both so much!
ReplyDelete