Sunday, November 18, 2012

House Updates

As I have previously mentioned.. we have been BUSY working on the house.. The one thing I have learned that once you buy a house you spend the rest of your time trying to make it your own. Worse yet.. when you buy a house from the 1960's that is way too big for you.. You work on it even more!

Adam and I are REALLY excited to host Thanksgiving this year and this has put us into double work time to try to get everything done and ready for the big holiday... We have one finished room and but we have like 10 open projects (which I hate and Adam loves).. but how about some picture updates to help me brag about all our hardwork and give us some extra motivation?

First up the guest bathroom: The guest bathroom wasn't terribly bad.. We have updated granite countertops and the color was pretty neutral so it was an open canvas.

This was the guest bath picture when the house was put on sale...
I decided open canvas needed something more.. I went back to my roots and decided this would be my Mexican Hacienda bathroom. I love Mexican hacienda style but it doesn't work in this house.. so Adam decided that the bathroom was a genius idea and my little piece of Mexico!

Before any changes:

My inspiration mirror.

Boring and clear.. I know but I wanted to spend money on the one I liked after we added some color.

That white towel holder was very annoying b/c it had paint all over it.. so that got taken out as well.
That mirror is SO heavy.. I learned the hard way.. and I hated the gold.
After we took off the mirror we realized the joy that whoever painted last.. didn't paint behind the mirror..
We decided to go for a light yellow.. Now be careful my friends.. Yellow's are hard.. VERY hard TRUST ME! :) I painted it all and it was bright yellow and I hated it (no need for pictures just imagine VERY yellow).. So off to round two it was and the color Butter was a success!

In progress! My MIL is amazing and helped us paint! She is REALLY REALLY GOOD! :)
In progress
The FINAL result.. Well as final as it's going to get for Thanksgiving for our guests this week! :)

Adam spray painted our knobs to dark bronze.. they look awesome!  We also repainted the cabinets so they look way better!
The hideous gold mirror was stained. We added some talavera knick knacks and we changed the track lighting to a bronze one.
Someday we will change the faucets but it looks cute!
New bronze hand towel holder, scentsy, and a cross.
My MIL gifted us this painting which goes perfect in our bathroom! (please excuse the blurry picture)
We spray painted a towel holder, new dark rug, bronze shower curtain holder, and a fun  colorful shower curtain!

What do we think? Do we like the Mexican themed bathroom? I love all the changes and I am glad we were able to get it to a good point ready for our guests! :)

I will try to post more pictures of the house during the week as we get ready for Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. You have officially turned in to my parents! But I love all the new renos!!

    ReplyDelete