Sunday, July 7, 2013

Guest Bedroom

When Adam and I were in the process of buying our house, we considered ourselves pretty lucky that the house was full of neutral colors we actually liked. So we thought we would not be spending lots of money painting the house.. It wasn't until we moved in that we realized the paint was off.. At first we thought it was the lighting in the bedroom... but after further consideration we realized it was a tan pink color. The more we looked at it, the more we realized this had to change stat! Operation get pink out started and we have worked on it ever since! Here is our guest bedroom work.

Before picture:
This picture looks deceivingly not pink.. but its very pinkish tan! Trust me!
The hardest part was picking a color that we loved! I had fallen in love so much with the butter color in the bathroom, I thought I would LOVE it in the guest bedroom. However, the yellow looked bad in this room!

Some our options: 



As you can tell, I could not make my mind. I ranged from yellows, to greens, to blues. I had to go back to the drawing board a.k.a I searched on Pinterest which led me to Sherwin Williams Comfort Gray. I fell in love with it instantly! This room has had a lot of TLC with painting the whole room, trims, etc. We also added furniture upstairs.
Same view of the closets. All it really needs is some cute pillows!

We upgraded the guest bed to a king.. but we have yet to upgrade the bedding.. Its on the list!

Other side
Besides the bed and a night stand the room is pretty empty. We hope to move our furniture that we currently have in our bedroom and put it upstairs once we upgrade our bedroom furniture. All it takes is time and money my friends. In the meantime I am loving the colors!


1 comment: