Monday, January 2, 2012

You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. - Steve Jobs

I have seen several people blog about the their top experiences of 2011 and goals they have for 2012. I love those blogs and think I will also enjoy looking back at these in the future. So just like the quote says lets look back at this past year to figure out where we want to go in the future!

Top 10 from 2011

10. Hunting Trip- Right before the year ended we spent time on the deer lease near Hebbronville, TX. I had a blast shooting discs, eating smores, and riding four wheelers. Adam enjoyed a hunting trip with his wife! :) Best of all we had the Pisklaks and Adam's mom to join in the fun!


9.  Houston Rodeo- Houston Rodeo festivities are a blast (minus the Selena Gomez fans ahem ha) I got to go the Lady Antebellum as well!

8. Texans Game- We won tickets to the Texans game at the club level! We had no idea tailgating was so much fun and so many free things were available.

7. Adam's New Job and Opportunities- Adam got a new job in May that has been an amazing opportunity! Adam has traveled to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Vietnam. 

6. Friends' Weddings- Combined Adam and I were in four weddings this year! We can't believe this year we have no weddings planned as of yet! Baby Showers are up next ;)




5. Returning Back to Lubbock- Adam and I got to sneak away from all the craziness of life and enjoy a quiet weekend tailgating and supporting our Red Raiders.

4. Wedding Showers- We are blessed with amazing friends and family who threw us such fun showers and we loved the presents as well! :)


3. The Races- I LOVED our kick start into the wedding especially wearing big hats and Adam loved his fun bow tie!

2. Honeymoon in Exuma, Bahamas- Most amazing vacation of my life! We got to cross of one item of Adam's bucket list by going bonefishing!

1. Our Wedding- Finally becoming Mrs. P and being able to celebrate with all our amazing close friends and family!

Goals/To Do List for 2012
 
1. House Hunters- AP Squared Style: Hoping to buy a house this year!
2. Anniversary Trip: Adam and I hope to go to New Orleans.
3. Vietnam Trip Part Deux: Hoping for a successful second trip for Adamers in February!
4. Visiting the Best Man: John and Emily are now residents of LBK so we want to go up for at least another game to see some of our faves!
5. Beach Trip:We did not get to enjoy any Matagorda trip with friends or family this year we hope for many of those this year! 
6. Trophy Hunting Trip: Adam hopes to get a Black Buck this year and a head mount. Joy for me!
7. Exploring Houston: We have fallen in love with this city and all it has to offer. We hope to be able to enjoy more events in Houston whether its festivals, sporting events, or anything else we can discover!
8. Putting a Dent on Student Loans: Here's to focusing on paying off those darn things or at least get closer!
9. Building Traditions: Adam and I hope to be able to host a holiday this upcoming year.. (Refer to goal #1)
10. Promotion: I want to embrace new responsibilities when that comes this year! Ready to take on new challenges and hoping for a smooth transition!

No comments:

Post a Comment